Thursday, July 12, 2012

placenta

i love babies. their sweet smell, ginomous eyes, thunder thighs and smooth skin. (even the ugly ones fit the bill.) i also love great moms -- who do bazillions of selfless things just to keep their kids alive!

so i'm currently feeling a bit conflicted. because there's a threesome of moms (excuse me?) coffee-ing two tables and one stroller over, and all i can think -- despite being charmed by the wee one and wanting to one day join the ranks of motherhood myself -- is: lord help me if i one day have to be part of conversations like that on a regular basis! soother brands and teething and "tummy time" and "poopie pants" and an endless array of (really annoying) baby voices and -- worst of all -- laughing at things that just. aren't. funny. (at all.)

so, i'm thinking of popping over to the fancy paper shoppe. and picking up a couple of cards. one, for the momsome: sorry about your sense of humour. (maybe it goes out in the placenta?) the other, for Future Me. the envelope will read: for when your water breaks. and on the inside of the card: don't forget to eat the placenta.

and now back to translating...

3 comments:

  1. I used to worry about this too, but I'm fairly confident that the parents who go on and on about their babies' poopie pants or soother brands were probably not very interesting to begin with.
    Also, I'm scared to click on the placenta hyperlink. Where will it lead me? Gah. Too frightening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think you're probably right, Suzanne. and -- ha ha -- fear not: the hyperlink only leads to wikipedia...where one can learn about placenta-eating customs (among other things).

      Delete
  2. Oh thank goodness. I love my midwife but her Fb profile picture is of placenta art. Ever since I clicked on that (I couldn't tell what it was and had to enlarge it and then "ah! placenta art!) I've been scared to click on anything that could lead to something like that again.

    ReplyDelete